Hi all. Progress has been continuing at my usual pace, which is somewhere between the speed of a rock and the speed of another rock.
I have finished cleaning up and building my Space Marines, although I'm just waiting to acquire a few extra bits so I can make up another few models.
I did begin spraying the models using the GW airbrush with Vallejo Black Surface Primer. However as my house is somewhat cold the compressed air cans aren't getting to a good enough temperature to use for more than a few seconds. As you can imagine, this makes undercoating models very difficult, as by the time I've got the pressure correct for spraying, the cans are too cold and won't work properly.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to get myself an airbrush and compressor, something like the sets you find on various websites (link to external site removed per request), as a replacement for the can system. Until that happens I will continue to attempt to undercoat the models in the usual way. If I continue to fail miserably, I will revert to the can of Chaos Black spray I've got in the cupboard.
Oh and by the way, for those of you with an airbrush of some description I would definitely recommend trying out the Vallejo Surface Primers. From what I've managed to use, the results have been excellent. Even over the remains of a stripped down coat of paint, the details are still clearly visible and the coverage has been brilliant.
I'll try to get another update with some pictures up soon. Cheers for reading.