Tuesday, 23 June 2020

225 - Praetor Armoured Assault Launcher Part 2

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well and surviving covid and lock down.

Work commitments have meant I've not had huge amounts of time to get any hobby done. Admin support for the NHS has meant a lot of extra and different work.

I have managed to sneak some hobby time in and have been making progress on the Praetor Armoured Assault Launcher.

I think I need a bigger washing up bowl! This is some of the parts for the Praetor getting ready for a scrub in some washing up liquid. I'd removed some of the flash but hadn't removed any excess resin at this point.

 Some of the larger pieces before their wash. The track units, interior side panels, floor and top armour sections.

Here's the interior section for the left side. There was a little bend on the interior piece but glue and pressure fixed that.

And this is the track unit itself. Nothing too complicated here. There was no major work needed to make this ready to glue, just a few spots where some sanding was needing to get rid of wastegates.

No pics of the stage before this unfortunately. The other track unit was just as easy. I started by gluing the floor piece to the side unit. The rear section needed a little bit of sanding to fit.

Sitting pretty. Everything sits nice and flat so there is no wobble.

Next up is to get the top pieces sorted. So the front top section, there's a mid section, the missile launcher housing itself and the left and right armour tops.

Thanks for reading through.

Stay safe.
This is the most recent post.
Older Post


Ady said...

I've not been a buyer of large Forgeworld items and after hearing some tales of woefully cast parts of models I've been put off buying a Crassus or a Gorgon.

What sort of experiences have you had? I note nothing looks too bad from the photos you've posted.

Cadian 127th said...

@ Ady - I've had a few different FW kits, but this one seems to be going together OK. The side pieces had a little flex in them but nothing major.

The front top section has required a bit of sanding to make it sit right but again nothing major.

The only issue I had was the missile front plate was a real squeeze to get it to fit.

I've got a Marauder to build which is going to be more difficult I reckon.

Zzzzzz said...

And the crassus is wonderful !

Looking forward to seeing your preator blow stuff up...

Cadian 127th said...

@Zzzzzz - it is a great looking model. And it'll look better if it ever gets finished!

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved