New Post


Monday, 15 February 2010
EFTC Cont. Part 8

EFTC Cont. Part 8

The transfer fun continues at pace now, and it's time to do the turret markings. I followed the same approach as normal when I'm doing transfers - couple of layers of 'Ardcoat on the surface I'll be applying the transfer to. Once I had all of the transfers cut out (there were a lot!) I began to carefully apply them to the turrets. I only applied one transfer to each turret at a time so that I wouldn't mess up the previous transfer. This also meant that I got them done quite quickly, thankfully.

So set of pictures above and below show me adding the transfers in order to one of the turrets. The first number denotes the company, the second number is the squadron and the third number is the tank number. For the squadron command tanks, I used a skull just for something different.

Once all of the transfers had been applied and left for a few hours, I put another layer of 'Ardcoat over them for added protection. The picture above is the company command tank's turret and I decided to use a random transfer for the command designation. And now pictures of every turret in the company. Enjoy!

Squadron 1:
Command Tank 611
MBT 612 and MBT 613

Squadron 2:
Command Tank 621
MBT 622 and MBT 623

Squadron 3:
Command Tank 631
MBT 632 and MBT 633

So now that I've got all of those transfers done I can finally get around to damaging and weathering. I'll be doing each tank individually so I'll try and keep them different. Oh I have decided that the next time I use transfers I'll get some MicroSol/Set. Please leave comments and suggestions if you want. Thanks.
Thursday, 11 February 2010
EFTC Cont. Part 7

EFTC Cont. Part 7

Work on the EFTC is continuing at a slow, but steady, pace. Having finished up the sponson and hull weapons, I now had to break the small glue bonds that I'd used to attach the weapon housings onto the tanks while they were being sprayed. I did try using large amounts of BluTack, but for the side sponsons it just wouldnt hold properly. For the hull sponson, I didn't have to use any glue as they fit snuggly enough not to move during spraying.

The majority of the housings came off easy enough, but a few of them caused some trouble and consequently got damaged. This annoyed me a bit as now the paintwork has suffered for it. However I'll just have to try and incorporate some battle damage on the affected areas, oh well, live and learn. Next time I'll use even more BluTack.

Once all of the weapons housing were glued on, an example of which can be seen above, I started carefully cutting out all of the transfers that I am going to apply to these tanks. The transfers laid out above are going to be placed on the side sponson housings. First of all I made sure that the areas I would be applying them to were clean of dust etc (big problem where I do my painting). Then I applied two coats of 'Ardcoat Gloss Varnish to give the transfers a nice smooth (ish) surface to go onto. Following the usual methods for applying transfers I got all of them in position with the minimum of fuss and aggravation.

And here are a couple of pictures showing the transfers on a few of the tanks. Before I start to damage and weather the tanks, I'm going to put another layer of 'Ardcoat over the transfers just to protect them a bit more.

My next task is to cut out all the transfers for the turret markings, which shouldnt take too long - 9 tanks with 3 digits each. Once thats done I'll start the fiddly process of getting them to line up on the turrets. I'm still trying to decide if I want to put extra transfers on denoting kills etc. I don't want the them to look overly done. Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to leave any comments, questions or suggestiongs. Cheers.
Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved