Monday 15 February 2010

EFTC Cont. Part 8

The transfer fun continues at pace now, and it's time to do the turret markings. I followed the same approach as normal when I'm doing transfers - couple of layers of 'Ardcoat on the surface I'll be applying the transfer to. Once I had all of the transfers cut out (there were a lot!) I began to carefully apply them to the turrets. I only applied one transfer to each turret at a time so that I wouldn't mess up the previous transfer. This also meant that I got them done quite quickly, thankfully.


So set of pictures above and below show me adding the transfers in order to one of the turrets. The first number denotes the company, the second number is the squadron and the third number is the tank number. For the squadron command tanks, I used a skull just for something different.



Once all of the transfers had been applied and left for a few hours, I put another layer of 'Ardcoat over them for added protection. The picture above is the company command tank's turret and I decided to use a random transfer for the command designation. And now pictures of every turret in the company. Enjoy!




Squadron 1:
Command Tank 611
MBT 612 and MBT 613




Squadron 2:
Command Tank 621
MBT 622 and MBT 623




Squadron 3:
Command Tank 631
MBT 632 and MBT 633

So now that I've got all of those transfers done I can finally get around to damaging and weathering. I'll be doing each tank individually so I'll try and keep them different. Oh I have decided that the next time I use transfers I'll get some MicroSol/Set. Please leave comments and suggestions if you want. Thanks.

3 comments:

Col. Corbane said...

I just love the camo on those first few pics. Keep at it mate, then end is in sight!

Marshal Argos said...

I love the camo pattern on the first turret you have there! Do you plan on each tank having a separate color scheme?

Cadian 127th said...

@ Col. Corbane - the end is in sight, working on each tank individually now so not feeling as bogged down.

@ Marshal Argos - each tank has a marking on the side armour in red, if the marking is just small then it's a command tank if its big then it's just a regular line tank. Other than that I don't think I'm going to put any other identifier on them.

Cheers for the comments guys.

- Courtney @ Cadian 127th

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved