611 "Auctorita" Take 2 - EFTC Squadron Command TankSorry for the long winded title to this post, but it's the only way of describing what is to follow. A long time ago I posted some WIP shots of one of the squadron command tanks for my EFTC. Those of you who haven't seen it can take a look here. Now this tank has been listed under my "Recently Completed" title on the right of my blog, which is technically a mistake as it was still a WIP. I am however now pleased to bring you the fully completed model (it's even been varnished!). Tada!
First of all I'm sure you are all amazed at my freehand brilliance. In case you can't tell freehand is not my strongpoint, but everyone has to start somewhere, so I started where nobody will ever look - on the bottom of the tank. Having 12 Leman Russ variants provides some problems when transporting them anywhere, surprisingly enough. With all those turrets and main body's packed away I wanted to be able to quickly match up the right sections. So I took out a brush and some Codex Grey and carefully painted the name of the tank and also the tank ID number on the bottom. Even I was amazed at how crummy my first attempt was, but it has taught me a couple of things regarding planning of text etc. About the only good point would be that the skull doesn't look to bad. Anyway on to the tank itself.
I'm not going to go into too much detail of how I painted this tank as I've covered it in previous posts. All I've done to finish this tank off is to apply the turret transfers to identifiy the tank and the Cadian gate transfers to the sponsons. I also finally got around to protecting the tank with two light spray coats of matt varnish.
I've tried to add extra bits of equipment without making the tank look overcrowded. The compact lasgun on the rear section makes me think that someone was quickly grabbing something from the storage locker and placed their gun on the top while they found what they were looking for. The HK missile received a wash of Badab Black to dull it down, as the Boltgun Metal drubrush was a bit bright.
The weapons all got highlighted with Camo Green and then a pretty heavy wash with Devlan Mud like all the one's I built recently (sort of). The crewman also got the Devlan Mud treatment, unfortunately he's out of focus but at least you can see the hatch behind him clearly. I'll be working on my photography skills as well as those freehand ones. And that is "Auctorita" 100% completely finished! Now that I've got one of these tanks fully done the next one does not seem as daunting. To be honest it's already finished, but I'll post the pics of 612 "Marcus ab Morsus" (Hammer of Pain) tomorrow. So until then, thanks for reading everyone.