Tuesday 23 December 2008

Quick Christmas update

Well as Christmas fast approaches I've had to put my painting on hold as transporting all the stuff I need to carry on with my infantry project was just going to be too much hassle.

I would have loved to have brought all my stuff down and managed to make it to Exeter for the "Orks Drift 2" battle as mentioned by Col. Gravis, alas I was unable to shirk from family duties. Looks like I'll be keeping my eye open for my local store events in January.

I have now begun work on my Command Squads for the 127th. I'm going to be doing the CSs for platoons 7 and 9 first and then the Regimental Command Squad afterwards.

Basically Platoon 7 CS will consist of a Junior Officer armed with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol (if I can manage a weapon swap), Guardsmen with Vox Caster and 3 Guardsmen armed with Flamers.

Platoon 9 CS will have a Junior Officer with Power Sword and Bolt Pistol (again weapon swap), Guardsmen with Vox Caster and 3 Guardsmen with Grenade Launchers.

My Platoon CSs will all follow the same template: Junior Officer, Vox Caster, 3 Special Weapons. So meltaguns and plasmaguns will be in the other CSs. I'm thinking about redesignating the Platoon and Squad numbers. Making Platoon 1 and 2 veterans/storm troopers and then Platoons 3 onwards normal infantry with Platoon 9 being Conscripts.

I haven't quite finished deciding what to do with the Regimental Command Squad so stay tuned for an update about that.

So my first week of the new year will be spent finishing off those Command Squads. Pictures will be posted on completion. Merry Christmas people - see you next year.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved