Shadowsword Magnetisation WIP - Part 4
Onto part 4. Previous parts can be found here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. In this part I'll be focusing on the fixed turret and the armour/standing section.
Here you can see all but one of the turret pieces laid out. The only piece that is not included in the photo's is the rear of the turret.
And miraculously the rear piece appears and finds itself glued to the rest of the turret. There are a few things that were not glued on at this stage. They are the turret hatch and the gun mounting armour sections. This is because I didn't know which front armour I would be using.
Now it was time for me to get some magnets set in the turret. Fortunately the edges of the turret are thick enough for me to drill a few holes in, which I made sure lined up properly with the armour/standing piece. Once these hole's were drilled, I glued in some magnets, again taking care to double check the polarities.
With the turret magnetised, I moved onto the armour/standing plate (that's what I call it anyway). This is the piece that can either go at the front of the tank or at the rear depending on which way it's flipped round.
Again I drilled some holes, being very careful this time, as the plastic is quite thin, and then glued in some magnets. This was especially tricky as one magnet glued wrong would mess up everything.
I haven't got any pictures of the pieces in place as I forgot to take them, hopefully I'll add them to part 5. Thanks for reading.