Tuesday 31 October 2017

194 - New Toys

Hello everyone. Thanks for popping by for a read and some pictures. Things have been quiet on this blog this year, but I'm hoping they'll start picking up soon.

I've been using my time to build some more kits and get them ready for painting. The cabinet of boxes really needed dealing with.

First up is a pair of Leman Russ'.


The first of these had the sides donated ages ago and the tank has been sat there waiting for me to finish the turret for ages. I decided to build it as a Vanquisher and have glued the barrel in place - I know I could have left this off for different options, but I don't really play and it is better for modelling purposes.

The commander is missing an arm as I'm not sure what I want his right hand to be doing but they will come soon.

The second Russ is also a Vanquisher, this time with sponsons added.

This one is waiting on some magnetisation for the dozer blade so the top half of the hull isn't actually glued in place yet.

Finally, I've had a chance to build another Basilisk. I haven't built one of these for at least 10 years and it was nice to have a go again.

The gun, gun shield and platform have not been glued in place yet to allow for painting. I plan on adding a couple of crew members to the rear of the platform as well. The ladder has not been attached as anyone that has had a basilisk will know how easily those damn things snap off.

Obviously there are some little bits and pieces that need adding to these tanks before paint but progress is progress.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for some more progress.

2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Excellent ! Always good to throw a few more tracks on the table.

I hope the redecorating went/is still going OK.

Cadian 127th said...

@ Zzzzzz - cheers, there will always be more tracks, it's those pesky infantry I have trouble with.

Thanks, the redecorating is complete so I should have more time to paint now.

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved