Wednesday 29 November 2017

195 - Adding Firepower

Hot on the heels of the two Leman Russ' and the Basilisk is the bringer of explosive missiley (new word) death - the Deathstrike:

Unlike the magnetised Deathstrike/Manticore I have done before, this was always going to be a simpler build.

A few flourishes have been added. A magnetised dozer blade (something I feel I need to do on every vehicle now) and some track guards which I did mess up with the fit on a little.

I've also done a bit of work on the Vanaheim Griffon and magnetised the mortar barrel. It works well however the barrel weight means it doesn't stay. I'm thinking another magnet to make it a more snug fit will do the trick.

The internal supports took a magnet pretty easily.

The mortar itself had some locating pins that were cut off and smoothed down before I added a suitably sized magnet on.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

2 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Lovely piece of kit; nice work!

Cadian 127th said...

@ Drax - cheers mate, the Griffon is yet another fun ForgeWorld kit. Somehow the extra work seems worth it though.

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved