Thursday, 21 July 2016

181 - From a Sorry State to Just a State - H47 Artemia Pattern Hellhound : Part 1

A few months ago I purchased a built and painted ForgeWorld Artemia Pattern Hellhound off of a well known auction site. The tank had been painted to a decent standard and looked like it wouldn't require much work once I'd stripped the paint.

Here is the Hellhound soon after it's arrival on the desk of untidiness. Not too bad a job but requires a bit more work. There were a few bits that hadn't been put together too well but I managed to gently separate most of them without any major damage. I then grabbed the brown Dettol and a few old tupperware containers and left the model to soak for a few hours. After a bit of scrubbing pretty much all of the paint came off, leaving just a few stubborn areas to deal with, but overall a decent result - or so I thought.....

Turns out the person who put this little flaming barrel of death together had a few "issues". Unfortunately, it appears they used a combination of green stuff and superglue to fix these "issues". I'm not going to complain about their model making abilities as I know mine weren't brilliant and probably still require improvement - I just have to spend more time on the prep rather than the painting.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the pieces before my attempts to put it back together again.

 I've only got round to putting the front plate, bottom and slab of resin that makes up the top piece and fuel tank tub which coincidentally is the piece that needs the most work (look at the battle damage!).

Nevertheless I will persevere and hopefully something will get finished soon.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

There's dedication, I'd have just painted over the top...

Courtney Hollyoake said...

@ Zzzzzz - and that is exactly what I should of done! I have managed to get one side reattached but the other is proving to be a massive pain in the a**.

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved