Monday 6 July 2009

Its been a while

It has been over just over a month since I actually posted anything, other than the odd comment on some of the blogs I follow, and for this I apologize. I've spent the past month mainly helping out a friend with some things, but I did find some time to carry on with my Emperor's Fist tank company, and I'm quite glad with the progress I made. Here are some WIP pics of what I've got done.







Sorry for the dodgy orientation of the pics, for whatever reason Blogger doesn't like using the same orientation as the Microsoft picture thing. I'll give a little description on the pics. The first pic is just when I was getting started on building the remaining tanks. I started off just cleaning up the pieces for the two sides of one tank, but then decided that I might as well remove all the side pieces from the sprues and clean them up in bulk. This leads on to the second picture which is of the piles of side parts, 24 pieces in all (2 pieces per side for anyone that hasnt built a Leman Russ before).

The next pic is of the track runners having been added to the right side sections of the tanks. I didn't take a picture of the left side as it looks pretty much the same. The next two pics are off the side sections with the outer piece glued on. I did also add an access door to each piece but didn't take a picture. Sorry. And the final picture is off the side sponson housings. I have deliberately left the bottom sections off. This is because I will be spray painting the complete tank, minus the sponson weapons which have been painted up already. I figured this would allow me to paint the weapons more easily. When I do come to spraying the tanks, the sponson housings will be blu-tacked in their positions on the side sections with the bottom part of the housing also blu-tacked in position.

So that is what I've got done in the past month. Doesn't seem a lot looking back on it, but it's the best I could manage with time constraints. Anyway I am now off to start building the main hull sections and turrets etc. Comments are as always appreciated.

3 comments:

the other Kevin said...

There is an advantage to building kits assembly line fasion. Still, six Leman Russ' would keep me busy for a long time. Looking forward to seeing the completed work.

Siph_Horridus said...

I did mine over a few days, one tank at a time - but your factory line assembly is probably quicker however if you mess up, you'll mess up all 10?
Now i just have to get round to painting them... relictors first, then we'll see about the IG.

Cadian 127th said...

The assembly line is helping to speed things up a lot. I am trying to be very careful while building them though - to try and minimise any potential errors. Touch wood, I haven't had any yet. Think the main test will come when I add extra gear to them while trying to keep them individual. Cheers for the comments.

- Courtney @ Cadian 127th

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved