Thursday 31 January 2019

206 - Hobby Inspiration

Hi all and thanks for taking the time out to drop by.

This post is more of a question to everyone that drops by - what and who got you in to the hobby? And what's your favourite part of it?

I've previously mentioned that I was introduced to the world of models by my dad, with Airfix kits and his OO gauge train collection. However, it was one of my friends at secondary school that opened my eyes to Warhammer.

My collection started with a metal set squad of Mordians (I think) from Welling Model Shop and grew from there. 20+ years on and I'm still collecting and still trying to finish off models from years ago.

So if you want to share your reasons in the comments, I'd really like to hear how people began their hobby adventures.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Hi, I guess I was introduced by a friend at school who gave be some old WD magazines and I was hooked. I purchased some RTB01 Marines from Oxford St Plaza Games Workshop and went on from there. My first actual army was unpainted Orks, with the old Battlewagon with the big tractor type wheels and a mast, and I love making looted tanks using SM vehicles.

Zzzzzz said...

My friends and I played D&D, which led to WHFB, which led to 40K. I sort of forgot about from the age of about 15 and only picked it up again in 2008, in my late 30s.

Cadian 127th said...

@ Siph_Horridus - nice starting with original RTB01s and then going with Orks. One of my friends painted my first miniatures for me!

@ Zzzzzz - what caused the break in collecting? I've only just got in to D&D, kind of the opposite way round for me.

Copyright © 2012 Cadian 127th Regiment All Right Reserved